At Brough Primary School we believe that learning should be about the journey, not the destination. We believe that children should be given the opportunity to reach their full potential in all areas and we ensure they experience a wide range of learning opportunities to foster a lifelong love of learning and an enthusiasm for the world around them. We work alongside families and the wider community to nurture children and support them in a caring and secure environment where everyone cares about and looks after each other.
Through having high expectations for all children, exciting and engaging lessons and a clear focus on developing curiosity, independence and a love of learning, we allow children to reach their full potential and ensure they have the skills needed for the future.
We hope that you will find our website useful and will check it regularly to see what we have been up to in school, our achievements and our successes. Our Twitter feed is very popular and shows what we do in school during the day and gives an insight into life at Brough Primary School.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Please click below for the latest Covid 19 Guidance:-
From 11th January, if a person (child or adult) tests positive on an LFT test but is asymptomatic, they do not need to have a confirmatory PCR test. Isolation should start from when the positive LFT test was taken.
• Isolation remains at 10 days, however if LFTs are taken on day 6 and day 7 (6/7 days after symptoms started or 6/7 days from the day the test was taken if you are asymptomatic), and both are negative, isolation can end after the second negative result. Tests should be taken 24 hours apart.
• If a person has any symptoms of Covid-19, they should stay at home, self-isolate and have a PCR test as soon as possible. If this is positive then they should continue to self-isolate.
• If you are fully vaccinated or aged under 18 years and 6 months, then you do not need to self isolate if a household member tests positive for Covid-10.
Instead you are strongly advised to take an LFT test every day for 7 days.
We are in continuous communication with the local authority and public health and will keep you updated should any of the current guidance for schools change.
Rates of Covid-19 are much higher now than they were in the Autumn term and the new variant is much more transmissible
Latest Calendar Events
- Follow up Flu Immunisations28Jan2022
- KS2 BAE Roadshow07Feb2022
- School Closes17Feb2022
- Welcome to our January newsletter. We hope that you have all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year and managed to spend time with family and friends. The return to school has brought with it a number of changes in terms of Covid-19
- Welcome to our January newsletter. We hope that you have all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year and managed to spend time with family and friends. The return to school has brought with it a number of changes in terms of Covid-19 and
- Welcome to our November newsletter. We do hope that you all had a lovely half term break. As we start the second half of the Autumn term, I would like to thank you all for your support since we returned after the Summer break.
- Welcome to our first 'new look' newsletter. We hope to use these to share upcoming events and let you see some of the things we have been up to in school.