Religious Education! Religious Education! Religious Education! Religious Education! Religious Education!
Religious Education has an important part to play as part of a broad, balanced and coherent curriculum to which all pupils are entitled. RE subject matter gives particular opportunities to promote an ethos of respect for others, to challenge stereotypes and to build understanding of other cultures and beliefs. This contributes to promoting a positive and inclusive school ethos that champions democratic values and human rights. Religious Education for children and young people:
- provokes challenging questions
- encourages pupils to explore their own beliefs
- enables pupils to build their sense of identity and belonging
- teaches pupils to develop respect for others
- prompts pupils to consider their responsibilities
Religious Education is important because it helps children and young people gain wisdom in the following areas of life:
- cultural, artistic, musical and literary
- historical and geographical, scientific and technological
- moral and ethical
- political, social and psychological
Religious Education in Action!